- 1958 Main Mall
- The principal library for the Humanities and Social Sciences, Government Publications, Microforms, and Course Reserves.
- 604-822-6375 (information); 604-822-2725 (reference)
- Home page
A helpful list of key services on each floor is available at http://wiki.ubc.ca/Library:Koerner_Library_Layout
- The Koerner Library is very wheelchair-friendly. This is only a general overview of Koerner Library's features; contact the UBC Access & Diversity for more information on the University's entire suite of access services.
- Designated parking is near the UBC Bookstore or the Main Library. Paid parking is available in the Fraser River and Rose Garden Parkades.
- Building and library entrance
- There is a single entrance from the Main Mall or Crescent Road via the central courtyard (the lower paths along the side of building involve steps). The library doors open automatically with push-buttons.
- There are two good-sized elevators with service to all floors.
- Library catalogue and computers
- Some Library public computers are available on lower desks - the majority are on level 3 towards the back of the Koerner Commons. There is another on floor 2 outside the sorting room.
- Book stacks
- There is standard width between the stacks, except for call numbers D-JC which are in manually-operated compact shelving. The stack width is adjustable. Patrons with mobility disabilities may request retrieval of materials through Document Delivery. Patrons with disabilities qualify for Enhanced Library Services.
- Handicapped accessible washrooms are on levels 1 and 2. Public stalls on all floors are modified, although they are not labelled.
- Public telephones
- Public telephones (including TDD) are on level 2.
- Low drinking fountains are available.