At UBC Vancouver
All borrowers must hold a valid UBC Library card and sign the Laptop Borrower Agreement. Laptop loan periods will vary by UBC Library branch. Enquire at the branch circulation desk for specific loan periods and return times. Laptops are non-renewable and non-requestable.
Laptop computers are available at:
- Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, Information Desk, Level 3
- Koerner Library at the Circulation Desk, Entrance Level
- Woodward Library at the Circulation Desk, Entrance Level
- David Lam Library at the Circulation Desk, Entrance Level
To see up-to-date availability, check the Laptop Computer entry in the UBC library catalogue.
For more information on using the laptops, please see our Laptop Usage Guide.
The Chapman Learning Commons Help Desk on level 3 of the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre has the equipment below available for loan to UBC students, faculty & staff.To find more information about equipment, including images and extended loan policies, visit the Chapman Learning Commons page. :
Cameras & Camcorders
||Canon PowerShot Camera
||Ricoh 360° Camera
Adapters & AV Equipment
||Mac Display Adapters
Microphones and Recording Equipment
||USB Microphone||On-Camera Microphone
|Zoom H5 Recorder
||Digital Voice Recorder
- Availability: Check
- Loan Time: 1 day
- Item Information: Sennheiser and Dennon Headsets.
- Cable Length: 1300mm.
- Connector: 3.5mm Stereo.
- Fine Rate: $1/day
|DJI Osmo Mobile Stabilizer
||Film Scanning Adapters
||Mac USB SuperDrive
|Mini Virtual Reality Glasses
||Portable Blu-Ray DVD Player
||Smartphone Tripod Kit|
|USB-Powered External DVD Writer
||Virtual Reality 3D Headset
The Canaccord Learning Commons also has equipment for loan to students in the Sauder School of Business. For more information, please visit the myBCom website.
Arduino Prototyping Platform
Courtesy of the Engineering Physics Department, six Arduino boards are available for 3-day loan to UBC students, faculty & staff. More information is available from the Engineering Physics Project Lab.
For up to date availability, please see our holdings information page
- Woodward Library, Course Reserve area
Kill A Watt Meters
UBC Library has partnered with the Sustainability Office. These devices monitor energy usage of electrical equipment. For more information, see this news article. They are available at:
- Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
- Koerner Library
- Woodward Library
For up to date availability, please see our holdings information page.
- Free to borrow for UBC students, staff and faculty with a valid UBC ID card.
- All items must be returned in-person at the Library Service Desk.
- If items are returned late, fines will be charged. If items are lost, late fees and a replacement fee will be charged. There is no advance booking or renewals for technology.
- UBC Okanagan Library is not responsible for any damage to any device that might be caused by the use of items borrowed from our collection.
Fines and/or Replacement Charges
- Overdue fines for the late return of laptops are charged at the rate of $10/hour for 24-hour laptops, and $20/day for 7 day laptops, to a maximum fine of $200.00 and suspension of borrowing privileges.
- The cost of a damaged or lost laptop and/or laptop accessories may result in replacement costs of up to $1500.00 in addition to any overdue fees incurred.
The UBC Okanagan Library also lends the following items to students, faculty and staff:
- Electronic Accessories
- Office Supplies
For more information please visit the UBCO Technology Borrowing page.