Borrowing In-person at UBC Library
- UBC Library participates in the following reciprocal borrowing agreements: CURBA, CPSLD and OCLC
- Access restrictions and service fees apply at the Community Borrower level.
- Applicants must present valid ID from their home institution, one piece of government-issued photo ID, and proof of address at the circulation desks of Koerner Library (604-822-1443), Okanagan Campus Library (250-807-9107).
CURBA: Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Program
- A Canada-wide reciprocal borrowing agreement allowing faculty, including emeriti and retired faculty, staff and students of participating university libraries at the following regional consortia to obtain free borrowing privileges and access at the libraries of host institutions:
- COPPUL: Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries
- OCUL: Ontario Council of University Libraries
- CREPUQ: Conference des recteurs et des principaux des universités du Québec
- CAUL: Council of Atlantic University Libraries
CPSLD: Council of Post Secondary Library Directors BC
- Faculty, faculty emeriti, students and staff from participating BC public post-secondary institutions are entitled to a free UBC Library Community borrower card.
OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
- Faculty from participating U.S. university libraries are entitled to a free UBC Library Community borrower card.