Library Access for Students
Undergraduate & Graduate Students
- You must be a currently registered student with Enrollment Services in order to borrow library material and access library services.
- Your CWL (Campus Wide Login) will provide access to UBC library eResources.
- Your UBCcard (physical or digital version) is your library card.
- Apply for your UBCcard through the UBC Carding Office.
UBC Okanagan Students
Distance Education Students
Frequently Asked Questions
- Students must apply for a new UBCcard if their registration status changes (e.g., Undergraduate to Graduate) to receive the new borrowing privileges.
- UBC students are eligible for Reciprocal Borrowing privileges at other universities through reciprocal borrowing arrangements.
- Students who have forgotten their UBCcard and need to borrow library materials may apply for a temporary library card at any UBC library branch but only one temporary library card may be issued per academic term.