Visiting Faculty with Visiting Appointments
- Visiting Faculty must have an appointment with UBC and apply for a UBCcard as Visiting Faculty at the UBC Carding Office.
- Your UBCcard is your library card.
Visiting Scholars Collaborating with UBC Faculty Members On Research
- Visiting Scholars collaborating with UBC Faculty members may receive library privileges if they are authorized by a UBC Faculty member.
- Complete the Faculty Authorization Application Form and apply at Koerner Library, Woodward Library, Biomedical Branch Library or UBCO Library and present one piece of government-issued, photo ID (e.g., driver’s licence, passport).
Visiting Scholars Not Affiliated with UBC
- Faculty and students visiting from other universities may be eligible for UBC Community Borrower library privileges through reciprocal borrowing arrangements.
- Apply in person at Koerner Library or UBC Okanagan Library and provide valid ID from your university as well as one piece of government-issued, photo ID and proof of a local address.
Did You Know?
- Lost or stolen cards can be reported online.