- Your UBCcard is your library card.
- Obtain your card from the UBC Carding Office
- A valid UBCcard is required for library privileges and to access library e-Resources.
- Certain units on campus are not eligible for UBCcards at this time and must apply for library privileges at Koerner Library.
UBC Okanagan Faculty
- Apply to UBC Okanagan Student and Information Services for your UBCcard
UBC Clinical Faculty
- Eligible faculty hold active UBC appointments.
- Apply for library access
Faculty Authorization Library Card
- UBC Faculty may authorize people they work with to borrow library materials and access library e-Resources and services with a Faculty Authorization library card.
- Complete the Faculty Authorization Form and apply with one piece of government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s licence, passport) at Koerner library, Woodward library, Biomedical Branch library or UBCO library.
- Visiting Faculty with an active appointment with UBC may apply for a UBCcard at the UBC Carding Office
- Visiting Faculty who do not have a Visiting Faculty Appointment may be eligible for library privileges through reciprocal borrowing arrangements
- Visiting Faculty collaborating with UBC Faculty members may apply for a Faculty Authorization Library Card to receive library privileges.
Did You Know?
- UBC Emeriti and retired UBC Faculty must have an appointment with UBC Human Resources that reflects their emeriti or retired status. They may then apply for a new UBCcard in order to continue to borrow library materials and access library e-Resources and services.
- UBC faculty planning to use libraries at other universities may be eligible to access the institution’s library resources through reciprocal borrowing arrangements
- Students who have forgotten their UBCcard and need to borrow library materials may apply for a temporary library card at any UBC branch library. One piece of government-issued, photo ID (e.g., driver’s licence, passport) must be shown when applying for a temporary library card and only one card may be issued per academic term.
- Lost or stolen cards issued by the UBC Carding Office can be reported online
- Lost or stolen cards issued by UBC Library can be reported to Koerner Library at 604-822-2406, Okanagan Library at 250-807-9107 or online