- With the closure of physical UBC Library branches due to COVID-19, the library is unable to provide services to Alumni. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your library account.
- Download your alumni UBC app from the Apple or Google Play stores. Apply for your Alumni Library Barcode to be added to your app here.
- Once a barcode is visible on the Verified Tile of your app, you are registered and ready to sign out material.
- Please visit the Library Services Desk at any UBC Library to perform the check-out process. The staff must enter the number from your app and check your identification. .
- It may take up to 10 days for your barcode to appear in the app.
Resources & Services
- Basic reference assistance, access to online resources using library branch computers, collections use and study spaces are available to everyone in the libraries free of charge.
- Remote access to most online resources is restricted by licensing agreements to current UBC students, staff and Faculty.
- Most books can be borrowed for 2-weeks and are renewable if they are not requested by another borrower.
- Interlibrary loans are available at a minimum charge of $30 per request. Contact the Interlibrary Loan department for more details.
- Alumni library privileges are for personal use only and may not be transferred to family members or used for business purposes
UBC Okanagan Alumni
- Alumni from the Okanagan campus can also access these library resources.
Did You Know?
- Lost or stolen Alumni Cards must be reported to both the Alumni Office at 604-822-3313 (toll-free at 1-800-883-3088) and the UBC Library online or at 604-822-2406