- 2198 Health Sciences Mall (it is located inside of the IRC-Instructional Resources Centre 2194 Health Sciences Mall)
- 604-822-4440 (Reference) or 604-822-2883 (Circulation)
- Home page
- Maps are directly linked to this page in electronic formats:
- *.pdf (uses Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- There are two designated handicap parking spaces in the UBC Hospital parking lot. The Health Sciences Parkade has designated handicap parking.
- Building and library entrance
- Entrance to the library is from the inside of the Instructional Resource Centre (IRC). There are 2 access points for wheelchairs. There is a wheelchair lift in front of the split level to the library and a wheelchair ramp to the south of the split level foyer to the library.
- The elevator provides access to all floors.
- Library catalogue and computers
- The library catalogue is available on all computers which are at table height. Laptop computers are available for loan for UBC students, staff and faculty.
- Book stacks
- Widths vary throughout the Library from 79cm to 92cm wide. Anticipate obstruction from tables, chairs and book trucks.
- Accessible washrooms are located in the middle of the second floor and in the garden/basement level beside the teaching lab denoted by signage. There are no automated doors.
- Staff photocopying is available, except at peak times during the term. Enhanced Services Library Cardholders are charged 10 cents copying fee per page.
- Public telephones
- Accessible public telephones are in the Instructional Resource Centre (2194 Health Sciences Mall). If you are within the Woodward Library, ask at the Information Desk.
- Water fountains are located on all floors of the library beside the washrooms except for the main floor where the fountain is located beside the north-east stairway entrance.
- Book and Journal Retrieval is available on request during reference hours or contact 604-822-2883. Anticipate a turnaround time of up to 24 hours. Note, that retrieval for items specifically from the Memorial Room will only be during the weekday.