Resources & Services
- Basic reference assistance, access to online resources, and collections use and study are available to everyone in the libraries free of charge
- Remote access to most online resources is restricted by license agreements to current UBC students, faculty, and staff only. Alumni need a valid card to borrow Library materials and access services
- Most books can be borrowed for 2 weeks and renewed if not requested by other borrowers
- Certain materials cannot be borrowed including journals, reference books, some videos, and course reserve materials
- Interlibrary loans are available at a minimum charge of $30 per request
- Library privileges are for Alumni’s personal use only and may not be transferred to family members or used for business purposes
- Apply for your ACard in person at the UBC Alumni Association Office, or Brock Hall Welcome Centre.
- Activate your ACard as your UBC Library card at the circulation desks at Koerner Library or UBC Okanagan Library. You must present one piece of government issued photo ID or:
- Activate your ACard by completing the online application form. You must know your Student ID number to complete the process, which can be obtained from UBC Enrolment Services at 604-822-9836.
- Contact UBC Okanagan Library at 250-807-9107 for information regarding access and services as UBCO Alumni.
Did You Know?
- Lost or stolen ACards should be reported to both the Alumni Office at 604-822-3313 (toll-free at 1-800-883-3088) and the UBC Library online or at 604-822-2406