At UBC Vancouver
Copying & Printing at UBC Vancouver Libraries
A UBC Library photocopy/printing card is required for self-service copying and printing at print stations. Card machines are available in each branch and at circulation desks.
Copying and Copyright
Please take note that there are copyright restrictions to photocopying materials. For more information, please see UBC Copyright Guide.
|Type of material||Letter (8.5x11″) Paper||Transparencies (8.5x11″)|
|Black & White||Colour||Black & White||Colour|
|Print at Print Station||7¢||40¢||N/A||N/A|
|Copy by Staff||25¢||$1.50||70¢||$4|
- All prices are per page including tax.
- A page is defined by one side of a sheet of paper.
- For more information on copy services by staff, see below.
Most branches have only one print station located on the main floor where all print jobs will be received. Some exceptions apply:
- Irving K. Barber Learning Centre: Print stations located near all computer workstation areas.
- Koerner Library: Floor 1 & 2 computers print to Floor 2 print stations in the Reference Desk area. All other computers print to Floor 3 print stations. (Note: Either print station can be used on the correct floor.)
- Woodward Library: All main floor computers print to main floor print station. All garden (lower) level computers print to the garden level print station.
For the full list, please see the Complete List of Public Printers.
All libraries in Vancouver have black & white photocopiers and double-sided copiers are available, many with a document feeder. Coin-operated copying is not available. Colour photocopiers also make black & white photocopying at the black & white price. Available at:
- David Lam Library
- Education Library
- Koerner Library
- Level 1
- Level 2 Copier Room
- Level 3 Reserve Area
- Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
- Level 2 and 3 inside Book Stacks
- Level 3 Chapman Learning Commons
- Law Library
- Music Library
- Woodward Library
Special copiers are available on Level 2 of Koerner Library.
|Type of Copy||Price|
|Microfilm/fiche onto paper||22¢ per page|
|Microfilm/fiche copy||22¢ per page|
- All prices include tax.
- For more information and help, please ask at the Reference or Journals & Microforms Desk.
Copy Services at Vancouver Point Grey
Irving K. Barber Learning Centre and Woodward Library perform copying of library and other materials onto transparencies and letter (8 1/2″x11″) or legal (11″x17″) size paper (both which must be provided by the library). Staff do not retrieve library materials for copying. Pay with cash, cheque, departmental journal voucher, Visa, MasterCard, debit card, or library copy service account. Please see the top of the page for pricing information.
Copying of Rare Books & Special Collections materials can be copied at the discretion of staff. Please see the Copying Policy and Procedures which includes information on fees. Similarly for the University Archives, please see the Copying Services and Fees page.
Other Campus Locations
At UBC Okanagan
Copying & Printing at UBC Okanagan Library
- Copying 7¢ per b/w page or 29¢ for colour
- Photocopiers and colour copier/printer located in Photocopy Room on Main Floor of Library
For information on photocopying and printing, please see the Okanagan Learning Commons website.